Common Questions about Vacation Rental Homes
Gold Coast Vacations Aruba Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there public transportation close to the resort? / Do you recommend renting a car? Frequent public transportation passes just outside the premises of this resort, taxi’s are available at the resort within 5 minutes from your call, the Arashi Beach is right there when you step off the premises, and several good restaurants are within walking distance. However, if you wish to explore the rest of the island (beautiful sites!) or visit the more remote but exquisite restaurants and landmarks, we then do recommend renting a car. We will be happy to assist you with your rental car reservation.
- Where can I rent a car?/ Can you rent a car for me? We have a special arrangement with two local car rental companies for our guests. If you have a booking with us, and would also like to rent a car or 4×4, just let us know in advance (by phone or via e-mail) and we will make all arrangements.
- Are there palapas on the beach?/ Is there shade on the beach? There are straw cabanas and palapas on the beach for public use on a first-come-first-serve basis. Around the pool deck there are lounge chairs and straw palapas for use by all guests.
- Are there BBQ grills available for common use? Both pool areas have BBQ grills and for assistance just need to advise the Concierge Desk.
- Are there beach and/or lounge chairs available on the beach? Around the pool deck there are lounge chairs and straw palapas for use by all guests. Some units have their portable beach chairs and/or portable lounge chairs that can be taken to the beach; of course, these are not to be left on the beach!
- Are there beach towels available? All our units have sufficient beach towels in accordance with maximum sleeping capacity of that unit.
- Is there hot water in the condos? All our units in this luxury resort of course have hot water facility.
- Is there daily maid service? Your unit will be cleaned prior to and after your stay. If additional cleaning is desired we will be happy to arrange that for you at an additional cost.
- Can I arrive or leave any day of the week? Our dates are fully flexible, so you may arrive or depart on any day of the week, and your length of stay can be any amount of days (minimum 7 nights in super high-season and 3 nights in other seasons). Nonetheless, please let us know your firm dates at your earliest convenience, since the (super) high-season weeks are likely to be fully booked soon.
- Do you have a crib and or high chair? We have a package of a portable l-size crib with linen available at $10.00 per night or $60 per week..
- Can you recommend any restaurants? Sure we can! Just ask us to send you our “favorite and recommended restaurant list”. If you give us your information we will make the reservations for you as well; this is a free service for our guests!
- Are there Supermarkets / Grocery stores close by the resort? There is 1 minimarket or convenience stores at about 8 minutes walking distance; and 4 large supermarkets are located about 3-6 minutes drive away.
- How close is the Gold Coast Villas from the beach? The resort is located 3 minutes from the Arashi Beach. Just exit the premises of the resort, on your left , then turn right and you’re on the beach!
- Can you provide airport transportation? If you’re not renting a car, we can have an associated taxi driver waiting for you when you arrive, to take you to the resort. Regulatory taxi fares are applicable; there is no extra charge for this service. This will only avoid you from waiting in queue for a taxi cab, but there are ample taxi cabs available at the airport arrival hall.
- How does your grocery service work? Our grocery service is executed based on a shopping list of required groceries, to be provided by us on request or a list provided by you. The provided list will be purchased on the day of your arrival (a day prior to arrival if arrival day is a holiday) and appropriately stored in your unit prior to your estimated check-in time. A 15% service charge, with a minimum of US$35, is applicable on your actual grocery bill, and your grocery payment takes place cash at check-in. Please send us your grocery list at your earliest convenience if you would like to make use of this service, or at least a few days prior to arrival.
- Can I rent a local mobile phone? We can arrange a rental mobile phone for our guests, at US$ 3 per day. The $3 per day is only for the rental of the phone with a local phone number and SIM card. Outgoing local and international calls are of course charged separately. You receive the phone with a certain amount of calling credit, and additional calling credit can be purchased easily on the island (at all gas stations, drug stores, minimarkets, supermarkets, etc.). Payment for rental fee and settlement of used calling credit takes place when checking out. The rate for local calls is $0.15 to $0.20 per minute; the rate for long distance calls e.g. to US and Canada, using the mobile phone, is additionally about $0.25/minute.
Additional Services Available:
– In room Massages
– In room Manicure and Pedicure
– Personal Chef on request
– Babysitting Service
– Concierge service for all your activities and Dining requests
– Gold Coast Villas work with a community doctor Mrs. Van Hoorenbeeck for any emergencies during your visit